It’s been 62 days since a list of state-funded transportation projects shut down by Governor Chris Christie’s executive order was released. As promised, we will continue to highlight the work that is being stalled due to the inability of the governor and legislative leaders to come to an agreement on how to replenish the Transportation Trust Fund.
Earlier this week we looked at $2 million worth of bicycle infrastructure that won’t be getting built anytime soon. For this second installment, we’re looking not at construction projects, but at studies and plans — over $4 million worth — in NJ Transit’s list of TTF-funded initiatives that are now on hold for the foreseeable future.
- Hunter Flyover – Planning and Environmental ($2,000,000)
- Study and Development – South Jersey BRT – Environmental Assessment ($1,200,000)
- Study and Development – BRT Study: A Strategic Implementation Plan ($300,000)
- Study and Development – NY Penn Station Visioning Study ($500,000)
- Trans Hudson Planning – ($500,000)
Stay tuned, there’s plenty more to share.