Dear Mobilizing the Region reader,
During the month of December, Tri-State Transportation Campaign (TSTC) has been asking you to make a year-end tax-deductible donation to support our advocacy work in 2016. With exciting initiatives expected to shape the region’s transportation policy in the coming year – i.e. renewed activity in trans-Hudson travel, continuing efforts to safeguard transportation funds in Connecticut and New Jersey, and increasing calls to improve New York’s transportation systems and network – our staff is working hard to advance goals that really make a difference in people’s lives:
- Communities designed to ensure safety for all;
- Growing the economy by expanding and modernizing transit systems;
- Connecting people to jobs and basic services;
- Improving the quality of one’s life, health and well being; and
- Safeguarding our environment from air pollution.
For the last five years, nonprofits in general have relied on year-end giving to raise, on average, 30 percent of all annual giving. And, according to a 2015 Giving USA report, individuals in particular accounted for 72 percent of all charitable giving in 2014. In short, nonprofits depend on the generosity of individuals like you to survive.
We understand there are many worthy organizations asking for your support. Here are at least five reasons to support us:
- TSTC is a staff of nine, yet we successfully cover a huge geographic region. That’s pretty impressive!
- TSTC is especially effective at nurturing constructive relationships with key decision-makers to advance progressive transportation policy;
- TSTC watchdogs transport agencies and their budget priorities to note inequities;
- TSTC is fearless in challenging politicians to be accountable to taxpayers who are transit users, people on bikes and pedestrians; and
- TSTC has a strong reputation for balanced, pragmatic, data driven advocacy.
As December 31 draws near, please consider making a year-end tax-deductible donation to support our mission of expanding mobility options, reducing car dependency and ensuring a more equitable and sustainable transportation network for all. Your charitable donation at any amount is important to our work and much appreciated by all of us on staff.
Happy holidays to you, your family and friends,